Migrating from experimental to unstable

Suppose I have a new version of my package available and I upload it to
experimental during a freeze. After the freeze I'd like that new
version in unstable, but I haven't made any changes in the meantime. Is
there a migration process from experimental to unstable, or is it
normal to bump the debian revision (because the changelog should
document the move between unstable and experimental and not hide that
from history I guess) and upload a new version with no other changes?