Re: Maintainer address for collab-maint team maintained packages

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 08:04:04AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 06:54:26PM +0100, Arno Töll a écrit :
> >
> > On 11/19/2012 03:28 PM, Marc Haber wrote:
> > > <package>@packages.debian.org seems to add that header automatically
> > > before forwarding to the PTS, but using that address as Maintainer: is
> > > a lintian _error_ (not even a warning) ("Severity: serious, Certainty:
> > > certain").
> >
> > Thing is, you can't use the QA forwarder because it relies on your
> > source control field to learn about actual forwardings. If you would add
> > right that address, the result would be an infinite loop because you
> > would essentially forward mail to <package>@packages.debian.org to
> > <package>@packages.debian.org. I hope it is clear why this won't work.
>
> Hi all,
>
> I think that the best way forward would be to fix the PTS and remove the
> infinite loop.  This would be tremendously useful for many packages that are
> collectively maintained.

This seems pretty silly - the Maintainer: field should be useful, not a
hack just to get email (more preceisely, it says: The maintainer of this
package is the maintainer of this package)

I'd much rather see something like what Arno is talking about, at least
that's a *bit* more descriptive and less tautological