Re: Maintainer address for collab-maint team maintained packages

Hi,

On 11/19/2012 03:28 PM, Marc Haber wrote:
> <package>@packages.debian.org seems to add that header automatically
> before forwarding to the PTS, but using that address as Maintainer: is
> a lintian _error_ (not even a warning) ("Severity: serious, Certainty:
> certain").

Thanks for trying! I originally implemented that check out of a stupid
idea Paul Tag. came up with, but I'm glad it really helped someone to
find an error! :-)

Thing is, you can't use the QA forwarder because it relies on your
source control field to learn about actual forwardings. If you would add
right that address, the result would be an infinite loop because you
would essentially forward mail to <package>@packages.debian.org to
<package>@packages.debian.org. I hope it is clear why this won't work.

To answer your question: Yes, you really need a top level Alioth project
if you want your own mailing list (or any other third party hosted service).

That said, I'd be very glad to have some mailing list Debian service
different to lists.d.o for such lightweight list management purposes.

--
with kind regards,
Arno Töll