Re: shlib-calls-exit and the flex-generated function yy_fatal_error

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Erik Sjölund wrote:

>> Maybe with an lintian override?

> Overrides are discouraged for experimental/info level tags. Perhaps
> lintian could be modified to ignore this when the exit() occurs inside
> yy_fatal_error(), not sure how it detects this though.

I'm starting to think that we should drop this tag entirely.  There are a
lot of legitimate reasons why shared libraries call exit(), plus there are
legitimate reasons why shared library source includes a call to exit()
that isn't reachable (something that Lintian cannot detect), such as this
one.  There are huge false positive problems with the tag, which is why
it's still experimental.