Re: modifications by sponsors

* Bart Martens <bartm@debian.org>, 2012-07-11, 11:34:
I have the following questions about sponsorship. I would like to welcome answers from sponsors and from people maintaining packages via sponsorship.

Is it OK that a sponsor adds modifications to a sponsored package ?

Sometimes. Adding DMUA comes to mind…

If a change is small and uncontroversial, and it would be the last thing stopping you from upload, then doing a fix yourself saves you a round-trip.

Is it OK that a sponsor adds him/herself to "Uploaders" ?

If you intend to co-maintain the package and the current maintainer is okay with that, then yes. (Wasn't co-maintenance supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread? :>)

One thing one has to be wary about is: a question if the sponsor can add themselves to Uploaders can be seen by the sponsoree as an offer they cannot refuse. It's a good idea to make it clear that this is not the case.

p.s. Not subscribed.

--
Jakub Wilk