Re: RFC: xinetd autoreconf

Salvo Tomaselli <tiposchi@tiscali.it> writes:

> But the autoreconf command fails. I've tried multiple versions and it
> always fails giving a long list of warnings about missing template and
> then
>> autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoheader failed with exit status: 1

xinetd doesn't use autoheader or config.h.in templates.  You can't run
autoheader on that package without rewriting the configure.in script
(which I think should be done, but upstream seems to be using a
hand-rolled config.h.in, so this may be intentional on their part).  You
have to only run autoconf.

It looks like you can do that by overriding dh_autoreconf and running:

    dh_autoreconf -- autoconf

instead of its default action.  That should be safe, since the package
doesn't use automake or libtool either, so the other things that
autoreconf runs are not relevant to it.