Re: nbc package has been removed from Mentors

Hi again Slavko,

Le 16/07/12 11:58, Slavko a écrit :
>> Don't give up, re-upload and try to send your RFS to maintainers
>> (team or other) who you think should be interested (not only to
>> debian-mentors). When I'm looking for a sponsor, I personally
>> answer my own RFS with a [ping] message every month or so, just
>> to show I'm still there, waiting for a sponsor.
>
> I tried post to electronics team, but without any reply. I am
> confused with these pings now - after the sponsorship-request
> pseudo package was introduced (and RFS bugreports) i understand,
> that there are no pings needed.

You're right, that why I'm not saying you should send them. It may be
considered harassment by some sponsors, I don't know. I still send
~monthly pings, and each time try to rephrase why I think it's good to
have the package and I try to send it to other people who may want to
sponsor it.

> Another confusion is about the existing RFS bugreport now. It will
> be closed and new one must be created? Or after new upload i will
> only need to post reply to existing bug? Is this somewhere
> documented, please?

There is no reason why it would be closed automatically, just answer
it. IF it is closed, reopen it. IF it is retitled, retitle it back.

In short, as long as your reasonable and don't spam people, it's OK to
insist. Being stubborn is not a bad thing :-) Put your heart into it,
document in your RFS the fact that you have been effectively
maintaining the package for three years already...

Also, move on: take care of other packages, find a good sponsor to
whom you can then personally ask to review nbc. Enter the NM process,
become a DD and then you can finally upload it yourself if everything
else fails...

Kind regards, Thibaut.