Re: nbc package has been removed from Mentors

Le 16/07/12 11:17, Slavko a écrit :
> Dear mentors,
>
> Dňa Sun, 15 Jul 2012 09:54:17 +0000 (UTC) mentors.debian.net
> <support@mentors.debian.net> napísal:
>
>> Your package nbc all versions has been removed from
>> mentors.debian.net for the following reason:
>>
>> Your package found no sponsor for 20 weeks
>
> I was patient with my package, but i was no success to find the
> sponsor. Please, what did i wrong? Or, please, what i must do
> better? Need i upload it again? Or something other?
>
> Or i need to suppose, that this package is not interested for
> Debian people and do not waste the sponsor's and my time with it,
> please?
>
> thanks

Dear Slavko,

It's not easy to get a sponsor, especially during a freeze (please
read my previous message from 15min ago entitled "Re: freeze policy -
open requests for sponsorship").

Don't give up, re-upload and try to send your RFS to maintainers (team
or other) who you think should be interested (not only to
debian-mentors). When I'm looking for a sponsor, I personally answer
my own RFS with a [ping] message every month or so, just to show I'm
still there, waiting for a sponsor.

Concerning your RFS: you should perhaps explain why you think nbc is
good for Debian, whether you intend on maintaining it on the longer
run (think 5-10 years) and why...

In the meantime you can upload your package on a personal repository
(have a look at the reprepro package) and try building a userbase
outside Debian. Reading the ITP, I see you already have a prospective
user, contact him.

Regards,Thibaut.