Re: libircclient packaging (Chances to get it into Wheezy)?

On 2012-07-04 22:14, Andreas Rönnquist wrote:
> Hey

Hi,

> I have done some work on the recently orphaned libircclient package,
> (O/ITA: at [1]), updated it to the latest release, updated packaging to
> current standards, and amongst other things made it Multiarch aware, and
> enabled hardening in the build. (It hadn't been updated since 2009
> previously, so there were quite some stuff to do). See [2] for details
> on my changes.
>
> [...]
>
> Would anybody be interested in this, and perhaps help out getting a
> freeze exception so that we don't have to be stuck with this aged
> package for a complete release cycle?
>
> [...]
> Do you think there is any chance to get this into Wheezy?
>
> (CC'ing my standard sponsor - Are you interested in this, or are you
> busy with release-related work, Niels?)

While I appreciate your changes and that you are picking up an orphaned
package, I fear the changes are "too much" for unstable given that
Wheezy is frozen.  This is especially true if it involves a transition
that has not been pre-approved.
  I am open to sponsoring minimal changes to the existing package where
permitted by the freeze policy (see [1]).  Or even uploading the new
version to experimental.

> Help would be very much appreciated -
> /Andreas
> gusnan@gusnan.se