libircclient packaging (Chances to get it into Wheezy)?

Hey

I have done some work on the recently orphaned libircclient package,
(O/ITA: at [1]), updated it to the latest release, updated packaging to
current standards, and amongst other things made it Multiarch aware, and
enabled hardening in the build. (It hadn't been updated since 2009
previously, so there were quite some stuff to do). See [2] for details
on my changes.

This involves a minor transition (If I've got it right, two packages
are reverse dependencies of libircclient.)

I have tried it out with megaglest [3], which builds and runs fine and I
am testing the other reverse dependency pokerth [4] right now (Those
builds are quite massive...)

But I am not a DD and need a sponsor to get it uploaded.

Would anybody be interested in this, and perhaps help out getting a
freeze exception so that we don't have to be stuck with this aged
package for a complete release cycle?

Regarding team maintenance - The two packages that depends on
libircclient are games-team maintained, but I don't know about
libircclient - IRC clients are used in quite a lot of places other than
games, right?

Do you think there is any chance to get this into Wheezy?

(CC'ing my standard sponsor - Are you interested in this, or are you
busy with release-related work, Niels?)

Help would be very much appreciated -
/Andreas
gusnan@gusnan.se