Re: freeze policy - open requests for sponsorship

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 09:06:25AM -0600, Paul Wise wrote:
> Perhaps use wheezy-ignore for stuff that shouldn't be in wheezy?

Isn't that completely contrary to that tag's usual meaning?

You set it for stuff that should be in wheezy despite the bug.

What we'd want here, is some way to convey "do not waste your time messing
with this bug if you care only about the next stable release".  This
includes unstable-only packages like gcc-snapshot.

--
I was born an ugly, dumb and work-loving child, then an evil midwife
replaced me in the crib.