Re: Moving /home of a package account, and to where?

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012, Marc Haber wrote:
> > Yes, but it's user configuration not system configuration.
>
> A system user's .ssh is user configuration?

If it is intended to be manipulated by the local admin, yes, and it would
belong in /etc somewhere.

> > If you do want to have that as configuration in /etc, I'd
> > suggest symlinking it from /var/lib/foo to /etc/foo/authorized_keys
> > (or vice versa), like e.g. postgresql handles cluster configuration.
>
> Can you give a more visible example? Should /etc/foo/authorized_keys
> be a symlink to /var/lib/foo/home/.ssh/authorized_keys? I don't think
> that circumvents the FHS forbidding configuration in /var/lib just by
> making it accessible through /etc.

No.  The real file goes in /etc, the symlink goes in /var/lib.  But you may
need very tight permissions in the directory that hosts these to have sshd
tolerate it, if it will work at all.

  Henrique Holschuh