Re: How to build a source tarball that includes symbolic links?

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM, David Lindelöf wrote:

> I see. So that's when the symbolic links point to something that's
> actually available as a debian package. However, in my case I
> simplified things a little bit: I actually also have symbolic links to
> a common, in-house library that's not available as a debian package.
> Again, I totally agree that it should; but until then, is there a way
> I can work this out?

Debian source packages are not designed to be used that way.

> PS.
> Now that I think of it, our copy of CppUTest includes fixes to bugs
> that our team has identified and we therefore couldn't use the
> official debian package either.

You will need to push those patches to CppUTest upstream or to the
Debian package.

If I were you I would package the in-house library first, then push
your CppUTest patches upstream, then work on packaging fornol.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise