Re: How to build a source tarball that includes symbolic links?

Thanks, I see what you are doing now.

Looks like you instead should build-dep on libcpputest-dev and use
#include <CppUTest/Utest.h> and -llibCppUTest to build against it.
Weird that it only provides static libraries though :/

Tarballs should be built by the upstream build system (`make
distcheck` with automake), not by the Debian tools.

Here is how it usually works, at least for the upstream projects I am
involved in.

Upstream development happens in a git repo and I build against the
libraries installed on my Debian system. Others build against the same
libraries packaged for other distros.

When it is time to release, I create a git tag, run `make distcheck`
(from automake) to create a tarball and upload that to the upstream
website and announce the release in the appropriate places.

Then I run uupdate (or git-import-orig or git pull + pristine-tar or
whatever) to update my Debian tree to the new tarball.

Then I build the source/binary packages, check them and upload to
Debian once they are ready.

--
bye,
pabs