Re: GPL and OpenSSL

José Luis Segura Lucas <josel.segura@gmx.es> writes:

> I wrote this morning to upstream people and they agree and are very
> happy to switch from OpenSSL to GnuTLS.
>
> They tell me the following:
>
> «That is good. I will switch to GnuTLS.
>
> Please pass my thanks to the debian people for spotting it.»

An excellent result! Thank you for taking on this responsibility of
advocating the clear freedom of the package, and congratulations on the
good response.

You might want to have contact information at hand to refer them to good
help for porting from OpenSSL dependency to GnuTLS dependency, should
the upstream have difficulty with this change.

--
 \            “The whole area of [treating source code as intellectual |
  `\    property] is almost assuring a customer that you are not going |