Re: RFS: new powertop version

Julian Wollrath <jwollrath@web.de> writes:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for a new version of the package powertop, which
> closes several bugs (e.g. bug #672555). I do this since there was no reaction
> from the maintainer regarding my patches which fix bug #672555 and would like
> to see the new version of powertop in Debian.

Did you know about

    http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/beyond-pkging.html#mia-qa

It outlines the best practices for dealing with an unresponsive
maintainer.

See also

  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu-guidelines

which discusses when and how to do non-maintainer uploads (which is what
you are proposing).

Since you probably don't have access to the mia database, I can tell you
that Patrick's last activity was in November of 2011.

You should also note that there is a release critical bug on powertop;
you should make sure your proposed upload fixes this.