Re: Maintainer of GNS3 Missing-in-Action, I volunteer

Le Tue, May 15, 2012 at 06:41:58PM -0400, Alexey Eromenko a écrit :
> Hi All !
>
> GNS3 package is Debian has not been updated in the last year, and the
> Debian maintainer, Erik Wenzel, went MIA. (doesn't answer to emails
> for last few months)

Hi Alexey,

According to his QA page, the maintainer of gns3 uploaded another package
(aggregate) 15 days ago.  He is therefore not MIA.   Perhaps you can try again
to contact him in #665979, with a short summary of the pros and cons of
releasing with 0.7.4 or 0.8.2 ?

Note that since Debian has a release cycle that is roughly two years, gns3 will
be eventually outdated in Stable anyway.  But we have backports.debian.org for
bringing new upstream stable versions to the users of Debian stable, so your
work as upstream developer can be accessble to them through the Debian archive.

Have a nice day, and thanks for your care of the gns3 package.

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan