Re: Is there anyway to prettify long *-Depends: lines?

On Saturday, May 12, 2012 11:00:04 PM Ben Finney wrote:
> Paul Elliott <pelliott@blackpatchpanel.com> writes:
> > I have a really long Build-Depends: line.
> >
> > Multiple Build-Depends: lines is an error.
>
> I think you mean “multiple Build-Depends fields”. Yes, that's an error.
>
> But the field can span multiple lines by indenting the continuation lines:
>
> =====
> Build-Depends:
>     foo,
>     bar,
>     baz
> =====
>
> and it's all interpreted as a single field.

Thank You That worked.

> See Debian policy §5.1, “Syntax of control files”.

Yes but it is §7.1 that says the relationship files can be folded. I finally
found it!

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelliott@BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J