Re: Is there anyway to prettify long *-Depends: lines?

Paul Elliott <pelliott@blackpatchpanel.com> writes:

> I have a really long Build-Depends: line.
>
> Multiple Build-Depends: lines is an error.

I think you mean “multiple Build-Depends fields”. Yes, that's an error.

But the field can span multiple lines by indenting the continuation lines:

=====
Build-Depends:
    foo,
    bar,
    baz
=====

and it's all interpreted as a single field.

See Debian policy §5.1, “Syntax of control files”.

--
 \        “Faith is belief without reason. I think as soon as you turn |
  `\          your back on reason, you turn your back on what makes us |