Re: RFS: ncmpcpp (updated package)

Hi Damien,

Damien Leone wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.5.10 of my package
> "ncmpcpp" [0] (currently uploaded version is 0.5.6).
>
> It builds this binary package:
> ncmpcpp - ncurses-based client for the Music Player Daemon (MPD)

> The upload would fix bugs 661858, 667294 and 611467
> The package can be found here:
> - dget http://debian.fensalir.fr/ncmpcpp/ncmpcpp_0.5.10-1.dsc
>
> I also would like to apologize for taking so long to update this package.

Since I'm the one who was pressing you for a new release, I feel I owe
you at least a review, so here it goes:

  - In debian/changelog, you mention updating the standards version, but
    not the changes required; if there wasn't any, you should mention
    that in the changelog.

    Also, the paths to the last two patches are wrong (missing the
    "patches" directory).

    You could also have sub-items for the "New upstream release" entry,
    detailing which bugs are fixed (right now, it looks like the three
    bugs are duplicates, and one doesn't know what they correspond to).

  - Have you forwarded the patches upstream?

  - It would be great if you could use hardening flags [1], as it's a
    release goal for wheezy [2]; given the fact that ncmpcpp handles
    network data, it seems like a prime candidate.

    [1] http://wiki.debian.org/Hardening
    [2] http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/SecurityHardeningBuildFlags

    Using generic debhelper compat 9 would enable hardening flags
    automatically.

  - In the man page ncmpcpp(1), CONFIGURATION appears to

  Using generic debhelper compat 9 would enable hardening flags
  automatically.

  - In the man page ncmpcpp(1), CONFIGURATION appears to be a subsection
    of OPTIONS, which is probably a mistake.

  - Please consider using the DEP-5 format [3] for debian/copyright.

    [3] http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

Thanks for your work on this new package.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht