Re: Maintainer address for collab-maint team maintained packages

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 06:54:26PM +0100, Arno Töll wrote:
> Thing is, you can't use the QA forwarder because it relies on your
> source control field to learn about actual forwardings. If you would add
> right that address, the result would be an infinite loop because you
> would essentially forward mail to <package>@packages.debian.org to
> <package>@packages.debian.org. I hope it is clear why this won't work.

so <package>@packages.debian.org forwards to all addresses listed in
Maintainer: and Uploaders: of the package in question, while
<package>@packages.qa.debian.org forwards to all addresses that are
subscribed in the PTS and to <package>@packages.debian.org?

If that's the case, then the obvious fix would be to have
<package>@packages.debian.org not forward to
<package>@packages.debian.org and to have the PTS forbid forwardings
to <package>@packages.debian.org.

That way, it would be possible to use <package>@packages.debian.org in
Maintainer:. I don't see anything wrong about this, but maybe I am
missing something.

In the mean time, I'll request an alioth project.

Greetings
Marc

Mannheim, Germany  |  lose things."    Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 621 31958061
Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 621 31958062