Re: Maintainer address for collab-maint team maintained packages

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 05:34:58PM +0000, Bart Martens wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 03:28:55PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> > I am participating in a team-maintained package which is hosted on
> > collab-maint.
>
> Which package ?

If that has anything to do with it, it's libopendbx, which has not yet
been pushed to collab-maint.

> > We would like to have the Maintainer: address of that
> > package to forward to all members of the team,
>
> Why would you want to do that ? I mean, is the package you work on related to
> all other maintainers maintaining other packages in collab-maint ?

Misunderstanding, either accidental or deliberate. I want the
Maintainer address to forward to all people listed in Uploaders: of
the respective package, not to all 519 members of the collab-maint
Alioth project. I am not out of my mind.

> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/CollabMaint
> "not connected to any other teams"

I believe that I am working well within the definition of
collab-maint, thanks for trying to ask in a very subtle way.

> Would modifying lintian be a solution for your problem ?

Probably not, since the people behind lintian usually have sound
reasons for putting in errors and warnings, especially such with
Certainty: certain.

> > There do not seem to be public mailing lists on the collab-maint
> > Alioth project.
>
> Does this one not work ?
> collab-maint-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org."

https://alioth.debian.org/projects/collab-maint/
"Mailing Lists (0 public mailing lists)"

> > Do we really need to create a dedicated Alioth project just to get a
> > mailing list which can be used as Maintainer? Or am I missing a
> > policy-compliant possibility to do this with available resources?
>
> I agree that creating an Alioth project just for the mailing list feels
> somewhat uncomfortable.

Indeed.

Greetings
Marc, now tryin to bring blood pressure down again

Mannheim, Germany  |  lose things."    Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 621 31958061
Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 621 31958062