Re: debian/bug-control: report bug against unofficial debian packages

Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> writes:

> [I'm not subscribed, please Cc me on replies.]
>
> * Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>, 2012-11-05, 12:46:
>>> what can happen if a user reports a bug against one of my packages
>>> by using 'reportbug' ?
>>> Must I explicitly add 'Send-To: quidame@poivron.org' in
>>> debian/bug-control to avoid conflicts with Debian BTS ?
>> I use Bugs: mailto:<address> as a source package header in
>> debian/control instead.
>
> Does this actually work? According to bug #448493, it does not.

I'm using Bugs: mailto:<address> for packages in my personal repository,
reportbug from squeeze does the right thing (I assume it works similarly
in wheezy and sid too, I didn't test):

,----
| algernon@galadriel:~$ reportbug syslog-ng-core
| Warning: no reportbug configuration found.  Proceeding in novice mode.
| Detected character set: UTF-8
| Please change your locale if this is incorrect.
|
| Using 'Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>' as your from address.
| Getting status for syslog-ng-core...
| Checking for newer versions at packages.debian.org...
| Unknown origin MadHouse; will send to syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu.
| Maintainer for syslog-ng-core is 'Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>'.
| Looking up dependencies of syslog-ng-core...
`----

#448493 seems to be about Bugs: <address> by the way, without the
mailto:, see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=448493#21