Re: uscan and git.gnome.org tags

Hello,

I'm looking at the 'nautilus' package, and this is the contents of the file 'debian/watch':

version=3
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/nautilus/([\d\.]+)/ \
        nautilus-(.*)\.tar\.xz

Nautilus, being a GNOME project, keeps its code in git.gnome.org (http://git.gnome.org/browse/nautilus/) as well as uploading it to the FTP above.

By looking at one of the projects on git.gnome.org, I can see that the format of the tag is:
"http://git.gnome.org/browse/<project>/tag/?id=<tagname>"

However, I don't see any tarballs available to download from there. Perhaps, if you give us the name of the package you're working on, I could help you further and better.

Sincerely,
kroq-gar78

Hey

Is there any way to make a watch-file look for git tags on
git.gnome.org? I am preparing a package for a QA upload (for after the
freeze of course) for a package that I have a hard time finding a way to
make a watch file for the releases - it uses a wordpress blog as
"homepage", where it has put the latest release, where I have no luck
making uscan get it, and uses gnome git for version handling.

I have found there is a few redirectors for various hosting pages
like sourceforge and similar - is there something for git.gnome.org and
the tags from there?

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se
gusnan@gusnan.se