Re: (Non-)Usefulness of the current for-wheezy and fit-for-wheezy usertags

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
> It is possible to target a package for testing during the freeze even
> though it does not fix any RC bugs, see everthing other than item one
> here:
>
> http://release.debian.org/testing/freeze_policy.html

I am certainly well aware of the freeze policy.  My remains: why do we
have two categorization systems?  What does the intended for wheezy
stuff actually get us that is more important than the original rc,
itp, etc. categorization?  When I'm looking at something to
potentially sponsor, those are the parameters I'm interested in, not
whether the existing thing is meant for wheezy or ready for wheezy.
If it doesn't meet those criteria, a discussion in the bug log can
resolve that.

Best wishes,
Mike