Bug#684220: RFS: tinysvm/0.09-1 [ITP] -- SVM trainer and classifier toolkit
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#684220: RFS: tinysvm/0.09-1 [ITP] -- SVM trainer and classifier toolkit
- From: Giulio Paci <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 00:17:35 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 5087177F.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Giulio Paci <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20120815125632.GA1992@jwilk.net>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20120809172237.GA729@jwilk.net> <50240B93.email@example.com> <20120810200813.GA5446@jwilk.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20120812191825.GA9344@jwilk.net> <502AEE85.email@example.com> <20120815125632.GA1992@jwilk.net>
Il 15/08/2012 14:56, Jakub Wilk ha scritto:
> The */TinySVM_wrap.c license:
> | This file may be freely redistributed without license or fee provided
> | this copyright message remains intact.
> doesn't seem particularly free to me, as it doesn't explicitly permit modifications.
> Hopefully this could be resolved by rebuilding the wrapper using a SWIG version that is less than 10 years old... The file says:
> | Do not make changes to this file unless you know what you are
> | doing--modify the SWIG interface file instead.
> But where is the interface file? I don't see it included in the tarball.
I finally decided to repackage the tarball with files generated by more recent versions of swig.
I used an interface file downloaded from https://github.com/shogo82148/TinySVM/.
I contacted both the owner of the github repository and upstream, in order to understand their plans about TinySVM.
However I received no clear response about that.