perl daemon

Hi,

I made some software in Perl for a client/server environment.
Clients are starting a virtual machine on the server with the
desktop displayed on the client. This software is used for
almost a year in an internet cafe for senior citizens.

Now i want to package this software for debian and I’m
producing scripts for start, stop and upgrading the package.

In the software there are daemons for communication and server
command execution all in Perl. It is not quit clear to me how
to do this (in the correct debian way) and maybe you can point
me to an example in the huge repository.

Thanks
Willem