Re: Re: Renaming files, patching, renaming files, unpatching, and 3.0(quilt)

* Jasmine Hassan <jasmine.aura@gmail.com> [121010 20:31]:
> Bernhard R. Link <brlink@debian.org> writes:
> >With "3.0 (quilt)" there usually is no unpatching (except if you use
> >some explicit options). So if you need to revert the names, that would
> >be done in the clean target instead. But I really do not see the point
> >of renaming files if you want to stick close to the original.
>
> Actually, if you're building source package (besides binary), after
> dpkg-genchanges, `dpkg-source --after-build` unapplies every single patch
> that was applied.

It should only do this if the patches were not applied when dpkg-source
--pre-build had applied them. (Which never happens in a normal build,
but is only there to support special maintainer-specific workflows like
not storing the source directory but the source directory without
patches in some version control system.

        Bernhard R. Link