Re: Requesting package review for libti*, tilp, gfm

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 2:19 AM, Bart Martens <bartm@debian.org> wrote:
I had a look at libticables uploaded to mentors on 2012-08-05 10:02.  Detailed
information on how the repackaged source was obtained, and on how this can be
reproduced should be provided in debian/copyright.
Will do.

I had a look at libticonv uploaded to mentors on 2012-08-05 10:02.

The change from libticonv3 to libticonv6 would break the packages currently
depending on libticonv3.
This really can't be helped - the library versions change the name itself. If anything, I think the best course of action would be to do a review only, then when all of the packages are done, we can proceed with an upload. (I think the previous maintainer's packages had that effect as well.)

The file debian/copyright is incomplete.  There are other copyright holders
than only Romain LIEVIN and also other years than 2007.
Hm, I thought I have updated the debian/copyright with everyone... maybe I didn't upload the latest?
(I used a script to try and fetch names from the source so I can write in the appropriate credits.)
I understand that copyrights are important, but even upstream has mentioned that tracking down everyone is nothing short but impossible, and that he'd prefer to see an update in the repos for the next release, and work on the copyright info later. (CC'd so that upstream can clarify the situation.)

I read in the file README "A special exception applies when linking the library
into TilEm, see the COPYING file for details." but I don't find such exception
in the COPYING file (it's identical to /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2) nor in
debian/copyright.  Please ask upstream for clarification.
CC'ed. Resolution to this problem will fix #686635.

Thanks,
Albert