Re: Requesting package review for libti*, tilp, gfm

On Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 02:29:20PM -0400, Albert Huang wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Bart Martens <bartm@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 11:36:50AM -0400, Albert Huang wrote:
> > > *Mentor page:* https://mentors.debian.net/package/libticables

I had a look at libticables uploaded to mentors on 2012-08-05 10:02.  Detailed
information on how the repackaged source was obtained, and on how this can be
reproduced should be provided in debian/copyright.

> > > *Mentor page:* https://mentors.debian.net/package/libticonv

I had a look at libticonv uploaded to mentors on 2012-08-05 10:02.

The change from libticonv3 to libticonv6 would break the packages currently
depending on libticonv3.

The file debian/copyright is incomplete.  There are other copyright holders
than only Romain LIEVIN and also other years than 2007.

I read in the file README "A special exception applies when linking the library
into TilEm, see the COPYING file for details." but I don't find such exception
in the COPYING file (it's identical to /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2) nor in
debian/copyright.  Please ask upstream for clarification.

Regards,

Bart Martens