Re: debian/rules stamp-* targets

On 09/03/2012 06:04 PM, Roger Leigh wrote:

On Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 05:30:42PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:

On 09/03/2012 02:56 PM, Igor Pashev wrote:

I can also suggest to use *-stamp: such files will be removed by dh_clean
automatically :-)

From what I can see, the stamp-* files seem to be removed automatically as
well.  At least by 'debian/rules clean' from that package, which appears to
simply run 'dh clean' as far as I can tell.

And better, if you're using dh, it maintains its own internal stamp files so
that you don't have to.

Which makes it a little weird that the stamp-* targets were even there in the
first place, since that particular debian/rules file has the '%: dh $@'
catch-all rule, and uses dh for the other targets anyway.

Oh, well. I've got it working without the deprecation warnings for now, I'll
worry about cleaning it up to my obsessive standards later on.

--
      The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
  - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger