Re: RFS: pidgin-latex/1.4.4-2

On 08/28/2012 01:00 PM, Elías Alejandro wrote:
>  NOTE: This version fix a security issue, please refer to:
>   http://pidgin-latex.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pidgin-latex/pidgin-latex/CHANGELOG?r1=1.4&r2=1.5

I guess this should be included in wheezy.  Please read the freeze
policy[1] to see what changes are still accepted.

  [1] <http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html>

>   Changes since the last upload:
>
>  * Bump debhelper to 9
>  * debian/copyright
>    + Update format as in Debian Policy 3.9.3
>  * debian/control
>    + Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.3

These changes should not be included.

>  * debian/rules
>    + Append CPPFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags as hardening option

This might be okay.

>  * debian/patches/01_security_issue.patch: Added. (Closes: #685888)
>   + This fix insufficient validation of LaTeX code and avoid
>     access to user local information.
>  * Corrected lintian warning
>    + Added missing license paragraph in debian/copyright file

These look okay as well.  Please note that I haven't looked at the
actual changes, just the changelog.  I'm also not part of the release team.

Ansgar