Help needed with watch file

Dear Mentors,

I'd like to ask for some advise about my debian/watch file[1].
Problem is that the current watch file is only finding upstreams nightly
builds. The latest release can be found in this[2] remote directory.
Problem is as you see that the tarball does not contain any version string.
But I found a TAG file in the directory[3].

Now my question is if it's possible somehow to parse that file with uscan? I
read the manual but I can't find anything similar.

I really appreciate any hint (or even a "rtfm" if I deserve it).

kind regards
Radi

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-science/packages/cctbx.git;a=blob;f=debian/watch;h=6105813f94125589335454376f8c0b8198ec5794;hb=7442b92fbd7eec441222f9a1cceeabb5e2efe1fb
[2] http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_build/results/last_published/