Re: Backporting a multi-arched package

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 08:43:24PM +0200, Joachim Wiedorn wrote:
> Remove multi-arch support:

Now you make me wonder. Please explain why this is needed. The original
question mentioned that the package in question is "Multi-Arch:
foreign". I do not see an issue with having Multi-Arch:foreign headers
in backported packages. Can you explain this? Of course any movements of
paths to /usr/lib/$triplet need to be reverted and dependencies on
multiarch-support need to be removed, but packages lacking a
multiarch-support dependency (and thus having no libraries in a $triplet
directory) should run just fine on squeeze from a multiarch point of
view. This is the case for basically any ma:foreign package.

Helmut