Re: nbc package has been removed from Mentors

Hi Thibaut,

thank you for quick reply.

Dňa Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:30:35 +0200 Thibaut Paumard
<paumard@users.sourceforge.net> napísal:

> It's not easy to get a sponsor, especially during a freeze (please
> read my previous message from 15min ago entitled "Re: freeze policy -
> open requests for sponsorship").

my package was uploaded a long time before freeze. After freeze i am do
not expect, that it will be the part of wheeze.

> Don't give up, re-upload and try to send your RFS to maintainers (team
> or other) who you think should be interested (not only to
> debian-mentors). When I'm looking for a sponsor, I personally answer
> my own RFS with a [ping] message every month or so, just to show I'm
> still there, waiting for a sponsor.

I tried post to electronics team, but without any reply. I am confused
with these pings now - after the sponsorship-request pseudo package was
introduced (and RFS bugreports) i understand, that there are no pings
needed.

Another confusion is about the existing RFS bugreport now. It will be
closed and new one must be created? Or after new upload i will only need to
post reply to existing bug? Is this somewhere documented, please?

> Concerning your RFS: you should perhaps explain why you think nbc is
> good for Debian, whether you intend on maintaining it on the longer
> run (think 5-10 years) and why...
>
> In the meantime you can upload your package on a personal repository
> (have a look at the reprepro package) and try building a userbase
> outside Debian. Reading the ITP, I see you already have a prospective
> user, contact him.

I have published it in my public personal repo for some (two or three)
years, along with others (older or SVN versions) NXT brick's related
packages for Debian. You can see them at http://slavino.sk/ulozisko-apt

but thanks, i will try it again :-)

regards

- --