Looking for an sponsor

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ruben Rubio and I am looking for becoming a debian maintainer. I have been using Debian for many years and I think it is time to give something back to the community.

I have been reading lots of documentation in the last days, and I believe that next thing I need to move forward is to find an sponsor.

I have some idea to get started:
 - I have packaged a beanstalk python client, which does not exist in the debian repository. http://code.google.com/p/pybeanstalk/ (I have some warnings while doing debuild but it looks all right, maybe someone might would like to have a look ?)
 - I am willing to maintain PHP Code Sniffer, which is Orphaned ( http://bugs.debian.org/679251 )

Would anyone help me to keep moving forward ?

Regards,
Ruben