How to rebuild binary package to fix bugs?

hi,

I've explored RC bugs list, and consider helping to close this:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=668209

It seems that videolan binary package depends on old (build-time) xulrunner,
and needs to be recompiled against current xulrunner.
So, there is no need to touch the source package itself.

The developers reference says that, "non-porters needs to prepare changelog
and patch even though when doing binNMU" (7.4.3).

In such case, what do I prepare for NMU patch?
Or, are there another option to rebuild package on the archive?

regards,
--
KURASHIKI Satoru