Re: RFS: fceu - Cross-platform Famicom/NES emulator (updated package)

Hello Gregor,

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM, gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 06 May 2012 23:26:43 +0000, Frédéric Brière wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 06 May 2012 20:01:27 +0200, Alexander Toresson wrote:
>> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.1.5-1 of the package
>> > "fceu".
>> What a coincidence, I was just about to send you an email with various
>> comments on your packaging effort.  I might as well post them here, in
>> case anybody else wants to chime in.
>
> Quick remarks:
> - This ignores 0.98.12-4 and builds on 0.98.12-3

I began the effort on 0.98.12-3, but of course I should fix for
example the package log to mention 0.98.12-4, and also incorporate any
applicable changes. I must confess that I wasn't aware of this new
version of the fceu package.

> - There's no indication if it fixes #664933 (that's how I discovered
>  the package on mentors)

I must also confess that I wasn't aware of this bug, but I will take a
look at it and see if the same fix needs to be applied to fceux 2.1.5.

> - The changelog doesn't mention if this is a hostile takeover, a
>  friendly salvage or whatever of the package.

I want this to be as friendly as possible, but so far Joe hasn't been
very responsive at all. In fact, even this RFS didn't get any response
from Joe, and the last response I got to any e-mail I've sent to him
was in late 2009. I'm simply not sure how to approach this, but if
this doesn't get his attention, a "hostile takeover" might be
necessary. How is this kind of situation usually handled in Debian?

> I've just uploaded 0.98.12-4.1 to DELAYED/2 to get #664933 fixed.

Great!

> Cheers,
> gregor

// Alexander