Re: SONAME best practice

Hi,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:26:04AM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> I agree that this is valid and that these libs/pkgs can co-exist

> My preference would be for the soname libmusicbrainz.so.5, is there any
> outright reason to avoid the other way of doing it, or it is largely at
> the discretion of upstream in each case?

I think I'd prefer libmb5.so...., as it maintains consistency with the
libmb3 packages.

It's also clearer to the person installing it exactly what they're getting.
Otherwise, the libmb3 packages would have been called libmusicbrainz-6,
which doesn't obviously tell them which version of the API they're
installing.

Andy