Re: (un)patching patched files

Gergely Nagy <algernon@balabit.hu> writes:
> The patch in debian/patches will be large, possibly complicated and
> whatnot, but you can explain how it is created in debian/README.source,
> and live happily ever after.
>
> There are cases where a bit of ugliness is acceptable. This is one such
> case.

I still do not see what one would gain with this compared to the
debian/rules based solution. In principle, I would just need a target
that is applied just before "dpkg--after-build" is called.

I have the same problem in another package: here, an executable is going
to be renamed, and therefore also the manpage. Additionally, the manpage
needs a patch. Since the manpage is renamed, unpatching it after build
fails. Also for this case I would need a place to undo the renaming just
before "dpkg--after-build" is called.

Best

Ole