My package sponsoring guidelines

Hi,

I'm going to be making some of my time available to review packages.

So, I'm primarily interested in looking at work that fixes
release-critical bugs, security issues, and just regular bugs as well
(i.e. non-maintainer uploads, NMUs).  So, if you're the bug fixing
type, this is for you.  I am however not very interested in new
packages per se, and will not be spending much time on that.

For release-critical bugs, the best place to get started is here:
http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/other/testing.html

For security issues, the best place to start is either the debsecan
tool (i.e. the debsecan package), which tells you which issues are
currently unfixed on your current system, or the sid security-tracker:
http://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/status/release/unstable

Also, helping with plain-old security triage is very useful as well,
and may lead you to packages/bugs that need fixing (including possibly
stable updates as well):
http://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/data/report

So, if you're interested in doing the kind of work that helps improve
existing Debian packages and helps make progress toward the next
release, then please start with the above and make sure to include
"[NMU]", "[RC]", or "[SEC]" as appropriate in the title of your
sponsorship-request bugs.  I will be specifically scanning only bugs
including those terms in the subject.

Best wishes,
Mike