Re: Documentation generated by doxygen and Debian Policy

Le 19/04/12 16:31, Björn Esser a écrit :
> Am 19.04.2012 16:16, schrieb Boris Pek:
>> Thanks all for answers.
>
> You're welcome.
>
>> I was searching for: /doxyfilter -g This command generates Doxyfile
>> which is necessary for Doxygen.
>
>>> However I can't find anywhere in the Policy that it's an actual
>>> requirement to re-generate this kind of files at build-time.
>
>> So do I. That's why I've asked here should I make a bug report or
>> not?
>
> I would say no, because putting something like this inside
> debian/rules will (re)generate the documentation (html, LaTeX,
> manpages) during pkg-build:

Yes, that's exactly the point. On the other hand, since the the -doc
package is arch-indep and the auto-builders don't regenerate arch-indep
binary packages, this will really only run on the uploader's machine.

> You need to add doxygen-latex and graphviz as build-deps.

Rather as Build-Depends-Indep.

> override_dh_auto_build:

which would also run when building only the arch-dep packages. rather:

build-doc:
> 	cd doc ;\
> 	rm -rf html/ ;\
> 	qmake ;\
> 	make ;\
> 	./doxyfilter -g ;\
> 	sed -i -e's/GENERATE_LATEX.*= NO/GENERATE_LATEX = YES/' ;\
> 		-e's/GENERATE_MAN.*= NO/GENERATE_MAN = YES/' ./Doxyfile ;\
> 	doxygen ./Doxyfile

build-indep: build-doc
	dh $@

Regards, Thibaut.