Re: Documentation generated by doxygen and Debian Policy

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 3:36 AM, Boris Pek <Tehnick-8@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I found that in package qxmpp is used HTML documentation from upstream tarball.
> This documentation was not generated by doxygen during build process. Should
> I make a bug report? If yes, which section of Debian Policy I should point to?

Well, there's nowhere in the DFSG or copyright (i'm assuming)
that says that it must be in some format X. If the original source is,
in fact, HTML, there's no problem.

The idea is that you communicate the program in a preferable format
which can be used (or in some cases, actually is) the thing you
distribute.

If the docs were generated, and they have a better source format, you
should encourage them to use that.

The relevant Debian policy is DFSG point 2[1] (Must include source code) :)