Dependencies for FastCGI

Hey mentors

I have a question concerning one of my packages (fookebox). It
currently depends on "libapache2-mod-wsgi | httpd-wsgi" since it's a
web application that is typically called through WSGI. As requested in
#667838, I now added the configuration files required to get it to run
through FastCGI with python-flup. However, I am not entirely sure how
to change my dependencies to indicate that this is a possibility.

As I see it, one option would be to say that the package depends on
either (libapache2-mod-wsgi | httpd-wsgi) or (libapache2-mod-fastcgi
and python-flup). Yet a) I couldn't figure out the syntax to specify
such a dependency and b) it would ignore the possibility of running
FastCGI through anything other than libapache2-mod-fastcgi (there
doesn't seem to be a virtual httpd-fastcgi package). Thus I figured
the best way to do this is to change the current dependency into a
recommendation (which would allow experienced admins to ignore it
while still resulting in a working installation for people who don't
care) and add libapache2-mod-fastcgi and python-flup as suggestions to
indicate that they are supported and tested mechanisms. Or I could
just leave that out and add a note about this possibility to
README.Debian.

So, before I start messing around, I was hoping that somebody might
have some input on this. Any thoughts / suggestions?

cheers
--
Stefan Ott
http://www.ott.net/