Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to create a debian watch file for tarballs hosted on the OBS.

Am Samstag, 14. April 2012, 20:01:49 schrieb Paul Elliott:

> How to create a watch file for a tarball found on the OBS (Open Build Service).

What is a watch file? Where is it defined and what exactly is it supposed to do?

> So you create a watch file that looks like this:
> >version=3
> >
> >opts=filenamemangle=s/\?rev=.*// \
> >https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=libreoffice-converter&project=LibreOffice:Unstable \

Using build.o.o is always a bad idea for automated stuff, since we do not guarantee that the layout or
URL's are not changing.

> >https://api.opensuse.org:443/public/source/LibreOffice:Unstable/libreoffice-converter/libreoffice-converter-(\d\.\d)\.tar\.bz2\?rev=.*

/public is only intended to be used by remote OBS instances. So the api is also not guaranteed and stable.

I guess you want to know about source changes in some packages. Our offical api
to get notified by that is notify.opensuse.org (part of hermes).

 http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Hermes

--
Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH