Re: RFS: augeas/0.10.0-0.1 [NMU]

On 04/16/2012 12:50 PM, Igor Pashev wrote:
> 16.04.2012 13:52, Ansgar Burchardt пишет:
>> On 04/16/2012 11:20 AM, Игорь Пашев wrote:
>>>    * Closes: #602703, #510850, #648772 (fixed early in upstream)
>> What do you mean by "fixed early in upstream"?
>
> I mean these bugs were fixed in previous versions (0.8, 0.9),
> but not mentioned in debian/changelog. I though never-fixed-bugs
> is worse than this changelog entry.

In this case they should not be closed via a changelog entry for the new
version, but with a simple mail to the BTS.  See [1] for details how to
do so (please remember to include the Version: header with the first
version in Debian that fixed the bug).

[1] <http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#closing>

>> Did you try to contact the package maintainers?
>>
> No. I just needed newer version ASAP, so here it is,
> and at one I decided to review bugs and upload the new package.

Please do so first, for example by asking for the new version in the
BTS.  You can also include your proposed NMU diff if you want to help
the maintainer.  A NMU should only be done if the maintainer is busy and
cannot react himself.

Regards,
Ansgar