Re: hints for creating deb packages with cmake build system

On 09/04/12 16:37, Werner Detter wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> cdbs makes it very easy
>>
>> http://build-common.alioth.debian.org/cdbs-doc.html#id2561559
>
> I've decided to go with cdbs now, my debian/rules looks now like:
>
> #!/usr/bin/make -f
> include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk
> include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/patchsys-quilt.mk
> include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/cmake.mk
>
> As I'm currently trying to package a C library that should be available on different architectures
> i think I have to "tell" the build process the right architecture. How is this dynamically accomplished
> with cmake/cdbs as the underlying build system ?

You just specify the architecture `any' in the debian/control file

Architecture: any

dpkg-buildpackage, cdbs and cmake should then figure out the rest for
you, give correct CFLAGS to your compiler, etc, no matter what machine
someone tries to build the package on.