Re: Making packages available to Debian users

On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 11:48:27AM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:

> No need to send copies to me of messages that you're also sending to
> this forum.

Sorry, it was my fault: first I send it to You instead of list, then
notice this and send it to list.

> > So I don't understand, why do You think my package is worse of those
> > garbage and how it break "coherence".
>
> I don't have a position one way or another on whether any of your
> packages is worse than others. I'm saying you are receiving resistance

OK, but what about garbage? To be consistent, You should clean up it.
Are You doing so?

> Great! Please promote your works and build up a community of users,
> maintain the packages there, and let's see how well they survive.
>
> When there is a sufficient user base and a clear need for a package to
> be *in* Debian, at that time it will make sense to propose it for
> inclusion.

OK. You was very convincing to make sure my modest script will never
included into Debian. It is not place for it. As result Debian will be
coherent and somebody get gain from this.

###  Vladimir Stavrinov
###  vstavrinov@gmail.com