Re: alternate make file for dh tiny rules

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Gergely Nagy
<algernon@madhouse-project.org> wrote:
> Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe@d.umn.edu> writes:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe@d.umn.edu> wrote:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> I am packaging up milter-regex. The upstream source has three makefiles:
>>>
>>> Makefile
>>> Makefile.linux
>>> Makefile.solaris
>>>
>>> The file, "Makefile", is for building in a BSD environment. If I specify
>>>
>>> make -f Makefile.linux
>>
>> Hmmm.
>>
>> I tried the following:
>
> I suggest reading man dh, in particular, it's EXAMPLES section, where
> this very question has already been answered.

Thanks for the hint, Gergely. Unfortunately the man page, in
particular the EXAMPLES section, does not address my *initial*
question (AFAIK):

---{original question}---
Is there an easy way to tell "dh" that it should
use Makefile.linux instead of Makefile?

Or do I need to perform override_dh_* for all the targets that need to be used?
---{end}---

And really at this point my original question is making less and less
sense as I think about it.

I am familiar with the override syntax of dh, if that is what you were
referring to when you mentioned the question I asked about being
answered in the dh man page.

I am using the dh_override_* mechanisms now.

>> Perhaps I don't understand the MAKE environment variable.
>
> I'm afraid you don't. The info documentation of make talks about this
> variable in section "5.7.1 How the `MAKE' Variable Works".

Okay. Thanks for the info.

-mz