Re: alternate make file for dh tiny rules

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe@d.umn.edu> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am packaging up milter-regex. The upstream source has three makefiles:
>
> Makefile
> Makefile.linux
> Makefile.solaris
>
> The file, "Makefile", is for building in a BSD environment. If I specify
>
> make -f Makefile.linux

Hmmm.

I tried the following:

---{debian/rules}---
#!/usr/bin/make -f

export MAKE:= make -f Makefile.linux

%:
	dh $@
---{debian/rules}---

And get the following error:

dh build
   dh_testdir
   dh_auto_configure
   dh_auto_build
Can't exec "make -f Makefile.linux": No such file or directory at
/usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Dh_Lib.pm line 215.
dh_auto_build: make -f Makefile.linux -j1 failed to to execute: No
such file or directory
make: *** [build] Error 2

Perhaps I don't understand the MAKE environment variable.

-mz